Tremor is a brown garbed ninja and a member of the Black Dragon clan who first appeared in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. He will make his first, fully playable appearance as a playable character in Mortal Kombat X as DLC.
Tremor wears the typical ninja style garb and mask identical to the costumes worn by the recurring ninja characters of the series, only brown in coloration. In MK:SF, he wore a tan-colored version of the ninja outfit worn by Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat 4 and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. When he appeared in his playable missions in the Vita port of Mortal Kombat (2011), he instead wore a tan colored version of the standard ninja outfit from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
His appearance in Mortal Kombat X has changed immensly from past games. The most notable feature of his new design is the rocky substance that covers his entire upper-body and replaces his skin.
Powers and abilities
Extremely muscular, Tremor is able to create earthquakes in the ground by punching it, similar to Jax. He also has the ability to shoot fireballs and launch stone missiles that petrify an enemy for a few seconds.
- Fire Ball: Tremor launches a fireball at his opponent. In Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, Tremor could fire up to three in a single shot. In Mortal Kombat (2011), he can only fire one; it is colored green, and stuns the opponent for a short time. (MK:SF, MK 2011)
- Earth Pound: Tremor punches the ground, shaking the arena. (MK:SF, MK 2011)
- Earth Blast: Tremor throws a spherical projectile at his opponent. (MK 2011)
- Back Breaker: Tremor grabs his opponent in mid-air and slams down to the ground, resulting in the opponent's back breaking, this move was borrowed from Jax. (MK 2011)
- Tremor's playable appearance in the additional Challenge Tower in Mortal Kombat (2011) for the Playstation Vita marks his debut in a fighting Mortal Kombat game, albeit in a limited way. Also for some odd reason he uses Noob Saibot's head icon for when he's talking.
- However, he makes his first, fully-playable debut in Mortal Kombat X as DLC.
- Tremor was mentioned in an early draft of Mortal Kombat X's story mode but the line was cut.