The Titans are a race of primordial beings that predate the Elder Gods, other races and the Realms themselves. They first appeared in Mortal Kombat 11 with the main antagonist Kronika stated to be one of the Titans.
The Titans are far superior to the Elder Gods in terms of power and influence. The existence of the Titans is known by few, such as Raiden and Shao Kahn, the latter believing them to be fiction before encountering Kronika.
- The concept of the Titans comes from Greco/Roman mythology, in which the Titans are the older deities that preceded the Olympian Gods, being the children of the Primordial Gods Gaia/Terra and Uranos/Caelus.
- While Kronika appears to be humanoid in appearance and size, the other Titans that appear in the Tower Endings are different.
- The male Titan that appears in Scorpion's ending is a large armored giant with a helmet that obscures most of its face.
- A recurring Titan in both Sonya and Shang Tsung's ending is a colossal cephalopod-like monster with a red aura. Sonya says it's an "Omnideity" and from an unpronounceable realm. Given its sea creature-like appearance and status, it could be a reference to the Outer Gods from the Cthulhu Mythos.
- A female Titan in Shang Tsung's ending is a giant beautiful woman with a dark body that resembles stars and space and wears a large crown.
- A monstrous Titan that also appears in Shang Tsung's ending is a large grey three-eyed beast with a gaping mouth and spikes.