FANDOM


  • Ridley Prime
    Ridley Prime closed this thread because:
    Really dude? Old speculation threads like this needn't be bumped.
    19:40, December 9, 2015
    Mkx new character tease by ed boonb1





    The character seems to be holding a staff or a bow. It has a black handle, gold designs on it, and some parts are made of a brown wood. The character has leather gloves, too.

    I have no idea who this could be, so my guess is a new character.

    Anyway, if you take a look at the background, it matches the area that all the characters were fighting in on Mortal Kombat: Armageddon!

      Loading editor
    • Judging by the characters hands, it looks like it's a male. Some people are saying it might be Kai, but Kai has never used a Bow/Staff weapon. When I think about it... could this character belong to boot 6 that Ed Boon teased? He looks male, and he has a staff weapon... it's a possible I guess.

      I'm pretty sure this is a new character, though. It just looks like it. It doesn't really match anyone else. When Ed Boon was asked when we will be seeing hints of the next character, he said "next week will be interesting" or something like that. Maybe we will get another character reveal around the 26th?

        Loading editor
    • Very interesting. Let's see:

      My two cents, it's most likely a new character who uses a bow. Dunno how you're assuming it's Kai, that makes no sense. I could see this being a new ninja who uses a bow, but I don't think ninjas use bows, so most likely not.

        Loading editor
    • It could be someone from Nightwolf's tribe. I mean, injuns (is that the name?) use bow and arrows as weapons, also, I just noticed that no one used actual bow and arrows as weapons, Nightwolf used that energy projection of his, but not actual ones.

        Loading editor
    • Apollyon嫌っ wrote:
      Very interesting. Let's see:

      My two cents, it's most likely a new character who uses a bow. Dunno how you're assuming it's Kai, that makes no sense. I could see this being a new ninja who uses a bow, but I don't think ninjas use bows, so most likely not.

      I never said I think it's Kai. I said some people think it's Kai (some people, meaning others, meaning NOT me). After saying that though, I pointed out that Kai has never used a staff/bow (basically meaning that I don't think it's Kai).

      But your right, it's possible that this is a new ninja character.

        Loading editor
    • Macaulyn wrote:
      It could be someone from Nightwolf's tribe. I mean, injuns (is that the name?) use bow and arrows as weapons, also, I just noticed that no one used actual bow and arrows as weapons, Nightwolf used that energy projection of his, but not actual ones.

      That's what I thought too, but it's a risky assumption to make, as we've never seen anyone else from Nightwolf's tribe before. Also, on your point that we've never seen an actual bow before as a weapon, people can't make out if this is actually a bow or a staff, which Boon poked fun at without saying . So, since we don't know yet, we should assume this could also be a staff, even though to me it looks more like a bow design.

        Loading editor
    • There are only TWO kharacters who uses bows as their weapons:

      1. Nightwolf

      2. Fujin

      Nightwolf, however, uses a bow made out of his own spiritual energy.

      Fujin uses a crossbow in MK4. Still, who said Fujin has to keep using a crossbow? BTW, that weapon does NOT look like a staff to me.

        Loading editor
    • Grobda wrote:
      There are only TWO kharacters who uses bows as their weapons:

      1. Nightwolf

      2. Fujin

      Nightwolf, however, uses a bow made out of his own spiritual energy.

      Fujin uses a crossbow in MK4. Still, who said Fujin has to keep using a crossbow?

      I doubt it's Fujin. The designs on the bow doesn't look like something a god would have, espically Fujin. Fujin looks more monk-ish. It's not impossible, I just don't think so. Fujin could be the 3rd boot Ed Boon teased, though.

        Loading editor
    • on the weapon the spikes or whatever they are reminded me of something so I went back and looked at some other pics and saw the boot pic and the last boot with the staff at least I think it is a staff has a spike similar to this one. not saying the two pics are the same person.

        Loading editor
    • 67.186.221.203 wrote:
      on the weapon the spikes or whatever they are reminded me of something so I went back and looked at some other pics and saw the boot pic and the last boot with the staff at least I think it is a staff has a spike similar to this one. not saying the two pics are the same person.

      You are right. Like I pointed out before, Boot 6 might belong to this character. And this character seems to be new character as well...

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it's Reiko I mean as a general in Shao Kahn's army and an aspiring warlord himself having a bow makes sense or it's a new character

        Loading editor
    • I'd prefer if Reiko kept his shuriken.

        Loading editor
    • 108.210.42.150 wrote:
      Maybe it's Reiko I mean as a general in Shao Kahn's army and an aspiring warlord himself having a bow makes sense or it's a new character

      Yeah, I don't know. I don't think it's Reiko either. It just doesn't seem like something Reiko would suddenly start using.

        Loading editor
    • As someone said Nightwolf uses his energy to make weapons and that bow looks like it was made out of an animal maybe Takeda? or Reptile or Kai?

        Loading editor
    • From what I could see in the MKX comics, Takeda uses some sort of whip or rope, I don't think it could be him. Reptile shouldn't use weapons, he is a monster-like character, more wild, weapons doesn't fit him. Kai... honestly, unless they give him a complete remake, I hope he never returns, he is not memorable and not interesting at all.

        Loading editor
    • 108.210.42.150 wrote:
      As someone said Nightwolf uses his energy to make weapons and that bow looks like it was made out of an animal maybe Takeda? or Reptile or Kai?

      Hm... Takeda, probably not. Maybe, but according to a casting call for a new MKX webseries, it says Takeda grows up to be a swordsman. So I doubt he will use a bow.

      As for Reptile, probably not. Reptile doesn't really use weapons, and who ever is in that picture has normal human skin. I guess it's possible that they do Human Reptile again.

      Kai though, probably not as well. Just like Reptile, Kai doesn't really use weapons. However, if they do put Kai in the game, chance are they want to redesign him. So I guess he has an ok chance.

        Loading editor
    • A breakdown of character possiblities people have posted on this and other websites:

      Nightwolf: It's possible that the character is Nightwolf, since he uses a bow. When someone asked Ed Boon if it was Nightwolf, he said "It Might Wolf", basically hinting at the fact that it could maybe be Nightwolf. You should keep in mind that Nightwolf has only used a bow made out of energy, though. He has never use an actual bow. But since they are trying new things with this game, I guess it's possible.

      Fujin: I doubt this one. Some people think it's Fujin because he used a crossbow as a weapon in MK4. So they say "Maybe he decided to get rid of his crossbow, and just get a normal bow?". No. I doubt it. I don't think really think Fujin will use a bow in this game, and if he does, then it would look better than that. If you look at the bow in the picture, it seems to be made out of some sort of bone, as well as wood. This doesn't look like something a wind god would have.

      Kai: This one seems unlikely. Not only has Kai never used a bow before, but it would be weird to give him one for some reason. Kai has mainly used swords, or clubs. He has never used a bow. Like I said above though, NetherRealm are trying different things, so it might would be possible... but probably not.

      Reiko: Same thing as Kai. Not only has Reiko never used a bow, but it would be weird to give him one. When it comes to Reiko, they normally try to make him match with Shao Kahn a lot. This is because of a joke they did in MK4 where they tried to make players think Reiko was Shao Kahn in his ending. In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon though, they built off of that. Reiko looked more like Shao Kahn, and he also used a hammer instead of the weapon he had in MK4. So Reiko doesn't have a good chance either...

      Tanya: I'm going to make this one quick: It doesn't look like Tanya because of the hand. The hand looks like it's a male's hand. But Tanya has also never used a bow.

      Reptile: Judging my the picture, it looks like this character belongs to one of the boots Ed Boon was teasing. Boot 6 to be exact. When we were breaking down the boots, I said that boot 6 looked like it was Reptile's or Chameleon's. I wasn't the only one who said this though, a lot of people thought that. Looks like we were wrong though, because with this picture, we know that the weapon seems to be a bow. Like with Tanya, Reiko and Kai above, Reptile has never used a bow and it would be weird to give him one. The character also has human skin, so unless they decided to turn Reptile into a human and give him a bow, this seems like a very unlikey choice. Maybe more so than any of the characters above.

      Chameleon: Like I said when breaking down Reptile as a possiblity, we thought that boot 6 was either Reptile's or Chameleon's, and it seems that we were wrong. This a very unlikely chance that this is Chameleon.

      Bo' Rai Cho: Ok, so this one was more of a joke. Some people were saying Bo' Rai Cho because they think the character is using a staff, and not a bow. If it turns out to be a staff though, I can say, Bo' Rai Cho has almost no chance of being in this game (playable anyway, cameo maybe).

      Takeda: Takeda is a new character introduced in the Mortal Kombat X comic. He is a boy, who is the son of Kenshi, who is being trained by Scorpion. In a casting call that happened for a new MKX webseries, it was basically confirmed that Takeda would actually grow up. Because of this, a lot of people think Takeda will be in the game. I also think this, I think Takeda has a pretty good chance of being in the game. However, this is probably not Takeda in this picture. The reason why is because in the same casting call that happened that said Takeda grows up, it also said he is a swordsman (like Kenshi), not someone who uses a bow.


      So that's it! Every character on this list, besides Nightwolf (who still isn't to likely), has a low chance of being the character in the picture. So who could it be? My guess? A new character. If boot 6 does belong to this character, then that means there's a possiblity of the character being a NEW character. How? Well Ed Boon actually confirmed that AT LEAST 1 of the 6 boots was a new character. Since this character can't be matched to pretty much anyone in Mortal Kombat history, I got to say, there's a HUGE chance of this being a new character. Especially since NetherRealm hasn't revealed anymore characters outside of the 4 they revealed when they first showed the game (D'Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn, and Cassie Cage), it makes since for them to maybe reveal another new character (unless they are wanting to keep all the new characters a secret now).

      So again, that's basically it... I doubt that this is a returning character. It seems to be a new one. Who knows, maybe it could be the son of Nightwolf or something? We will just have to wait and see...

        Loading editor
    • Hello! New user here, and I am very excited for MKX :) Personally, I think this teased character is new. I don't think it can be Nightwolf as a lot of people are speculating, personally I think it is a completely new character. Evidence:

      MKXteasedchar
      Nightwolf summons his bows and uses energy that is very bright, doesn't he? This looks like a handmade, legitimate, unsommoned weapon and I don't think this hand (or the boot below) looks like anything Nightwolf has ever wore before. As no other character apart from Fujin (Who uses a crossbow, not a string bow) uses a bow - like weapon.





      MKX6boot
      If you look, closely what looks like a small skeleton - like leg on this screenshot of the last boot looks quite similair to the weapon we are seeing here. I think with this picture it could easily be a staff, because it is touching the floor and is curved to the right at the bottom (a bow should not look like that, adding further evidence as to why I don't think this is Nightwolf). Therefore, I think this is a new character that could possibly be responsible for the resurrections of Kitana and Kung Lao (Although I do still think it is most likely Quan Chi), because using a staff obviously implies a character uses magic. I quite like the design of this if it is a staff, as it is quite different from the normal, typical, boring stick with a skeleton or weird patten at the top.

      I have stated my evidence as to why I think this is not Nightwolf or Fujin and why I think this is a completely new character.

      Sorry if my theory sounds weird, I just wanted to state my thoughts.

        Loading editor
    • First of all, welcome to the wiki. Now, I honestly forgot about Nightwolf until the theories regarding him and I'm inclined to yours. I also do believe this is a new guy, but I'm somehow doubting the possibility of him reviving characters (like Kung Lao), but yeah, nothing is confirmed, so I might say bullshit. So yeah, again, I agree with your theory and it's not weird at all. 

        Loading editor
    • Thank you :) I don't think he's the responsible one for the revivals, but I do consider it a small possibility.

        Loading editor
    • TDSkavefan wrote:
      Hello! New user here, and I am very excited for MKX :) Personally, I think this teased character is new. I don't think it can be Nightwolf as a lot of people are speculating, personally I think it is a completely new character. Evidence:
      MKXteasedchar
      Nightwolf summons his bows and uses energy that is very bright, doesn't he? This looks like a handmade, legitimate, unsommoned weapon and I don't think this hand (or the boot below) looks like anything Nightwolf has ever wore before. As no other character apart from Fujin (Who uses a crossbow, not a string bow) uses a bow - like weapon.





      MKX6boot
      If you look, closely what looks like a small skeleton - like leg on this screenshot of the last boot looks quite similair to the weapon we are seeing here. I think with this picture it could easily be a staff, because it is touching the floor and is curved to the right at the bottom (a bow should not look like that, adding further evidence as to why I don't think this is Nightwolf). Therefore, I think this is a new character that could possibly be responsible for the resurrections of Kitana and Kung Lao (Although I do still think it is most likely Quan Chi), because using a staff obviously implies a character uses magic. I quite like the design of this if it is a staff, as it is quite different from the normal, typical, boring stick with a skeleton or weird patten at the top.

      I have stated my evidence as to why I think this is not Nightwolf or Fujin and why I think this is a completely new character.

      Sorry if my theory sounds weird, I just wanted to state my thoughts.


      okay. Especially Ed Boon's reply was "Baff"(staff + bow combined). That makes this character even less likely to be a human. This 'baff' does not look like something a human could forge.

      as for who is responsible for reviving Kung Lao and Kitana, I do not believe Quan Chi is the one: he likes to have his slaves MINDLESS and OBEDIENT. Judging from the info about Netherrealm War that supposedly took place not long after MK9, I would say Raiden and/or Liu Kang might have something to do with their resurrection by TAKING THE WAR TO THE NETHERREALM.

        Loading editor
    • TDSkavefan wrote:
      Hello! New user here, and I am very excited for MKX :) Personally, I think this teased character is new. I don't think it can be Nightwolf as a lot of people are speculating, personally I think it is a completely new character. Evidence:
      MKXteasedchar
      Nightwolf summons his bows and uses energy that is very bright, doesn't he? This looks like a handmade, legitimate, unsommoned weapon and I don't think this hand (or the boot below) looks like anything Nightwolf has ever wore before. As no other character apart from Fujin (Who uses a crossbow, not a string bow) uses a bow - like weapon.





      MKX6boot
      If you look, closely what looks like a small skeleton - like leg on this screenshot of the last boot looks quite similair to the weapon we are seeing here. I think with this picture it could easily be a staff, because it is touching the floor and is curved to the right at the bottom (a bow should not look like that, adding further evidence as to why I don't think this is Nightwolf). Therefore, I think this is a new character that could possibly be responsible for the resurrections of Kitana and Kung Lao (Although I do still think it is most likely Quan Chi), because using a staff obviously implies a character uses magic. I quite like the design of this if it is a staff, as it is quite different from the normal, typical, boring stick with a skeleton or weird patten at the top.

      I have stated my evidence as to why I think this is not Nightwolf or Fujin and why I think this is a completely new character.

      Sorry if my theory sounds weird, I just wanted to state my thoughts.

      I agree with most of this. I think it's most likely a new character. I don't think he has anything to do with the resurrections of characters, though. The reason why I say that, is because I think everyone who died in MK9 came back because of some sort of "NetherRealm War" (something that has been mentioned in the comics).

        Loading editor
    • Just to clarify, I do not think this character is responsible for the resurrections, I just view it as a small possibility.

        Loading editor
    • I still think it's Nightwolf.   

        Loading editor
    • Do you have reasons? I might be able to get a more accurate view hearing everyone else's reasons for different theories.

        Loading editor
    • It's probably Nightwolf. I think he could return as an old man. Much like Kung Lao. By the way, they're revealing 2 more characters for the roster on Thursday.

        Loading editor
    • TDSkavefan wrote:
      Do you have reasons? I might be able to get a more accurate view hearing everyone else's reasons for different theories.

      My reasons:

      So far, Nightwolf is the only character who has used a Bow and Arrow. Granted, he only used it from his spirit energy, hence the green glowing of the bow and arrow.

      Also, that is one wicked looking bow. It looks like it could come from the Netherrealm. Being that Nightwolf died towards the end of MK9, we can assume that he was sent to the Netherrealm. From there, he could be a wraith that still has the same powers but in evil form.

      So far, those are my only reasons.   

        Loading editor
    • Kung Jin. He has a lot of work cut out for him in the future...

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.