Cause we've got an idiot who keeps givin' Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot and Smoke names that were not only never confirmed to have actually had, but giving them names opposite of their actual nationality which was confirmed by the guys at Midway themselves. It doesn't just stop at the names. No, this editor(s) keep changing Sub-Zero's nationality to Japan when it's been outright confirmed when he is of Chinese and American descent. Kaihedgie 03:54, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. All their names are unknown. Jedi Striker 03:31, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Wrong, if you remember Sub-Zero's trailer it mentioned Sub-Zero and Noob by name, Kuai Liang and Bi-Han
Any informations about numeration? He is VI Sub-Zero, after V Sub-Zero (who is not Noob Saibot, see UMK3 and MK Comic) and rather mysterious IV.
Huh? There's only been two Sub-Zeros...the older, from MK1 and 9, plus Mythologies, and the younger, from all the other games. CrashBash 17:17, July 15, 2010 (UTC)
My Guess is if there were any other Sub-Zeros they were the ancesters of the two we know and it was a name passed down from father to eldest son until Bi-Han was killed and his brother took it for himself. But I'm not sure anyother one has been mentioned GrimmShadows 18:47, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
there was infact some Sub-Zeros before Bi-Han and Kuai Liang, but they does not appear in Mortal Kombat, only mentioned. -Storm Funsoms
Apparently it is the younger sub zero in MK2011 as explained in http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/mortalkombat9/video/6283913?tag=topslot;title;1 this video. It also has the real names of Younger Sub Zero and Elder Sub Zero (I can't really make them out, though.)
Their names are Kuai Liang and Bi-Han, they put it on a reveal Bio for Sub-Zero on www.themortalkombat.com and all the info is true because it is sponsered by NetherRealm studios and Midway
Marked for death
OK, ignore Shaolin Monks for a moment. The article obviously states that it is canonically-disputed - we don't know exactly what happened, and Midway (Netherrealm Studios) hasn't said anything about it (aside from Shaolin Monks, and that may or may not be canon).
Do you seriously think that they scarred his face and then just let him go to "mark him for death"? That makes NO logical sense. Marking someone for death is putting a hit out on them; e.g. the Lin Kuei sending their cyborgs out to find and kill Sub-Zero. It does not mean that they scarred his face. Who knows what actually happened according to canon, as it is never stated, but think; why would they scar his face and then let him go? SmokeSound off! 09:59, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
In the escape of turning a cyborg, Sub-Zero must receive somehow that scar. And he successfully escapes but every member of the Lin Kuei can recognize Sub-Zero with or without his mask, the big scar that he have. That's the mark for death. For example, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Jack Sparrow had a Black Spot in his left hand give it by Davy Jones who wants Jack's soul. So, it's a Mark for Death like Sub-Zero with his scar. Dragon NJMB 10:22, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
- No, it's not literal. It's figurative, and your example is apples and oranges; obviously that is supernatural. The Lin Kuei are not supernatural; they are human. The "mark for death" is the Grandmaster telling the other members of the Lin Kuei to bring Sub-Zero back to either be automated (as with Smoke) or killed. It is rather simple. You are overcomplicating the issue. You're wrong, so stop the edit war. If you revert the edit again (at least before this discussion reaches a conclusion favorable to your opinion), you will be blocked. SmokeSound off! 10:36, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
- it is possible that he got the scar from escaping the Lin Kuei from being turned into a cyborg. that would make sence why he does not have the scar in MK2011, couse he didnt get to escape them then. think about it, MK2011 is an alternativ time line of whats really happend. everything you know, migth be knowledge thats not worth taking with you in the futher games. but i do hope Sub-zero somehow get he's human form again, couse he's my favorite character. and i suck at controling Cyber Sub-Zero. -Storm Funsoms
- However he got it, it wasn't the Lin Kuei reminding themselves to kill him later. SmokeSound off! 19:40, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- no, i've got all the mortal kombat games now, and i had a good atention on sub-zero's story. he got the scar from kung lao.- Storm Funsoms
- shaolin monks does not count. 18:48, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- ok, if you wanna have it that way, then i'll explain what i meant above. when i said he migth got the scar from escaping the lin kuei, i didnt mean that they captured him, marked him and then let him go. i meant that he battled he's way out and during the battle got the scar from one of them or something. then he won and escape. thats what i meant. ~Storm Funsoms
MK9 Fatality Name
Shouldn't we change his fatality in mk9 from Torso rip to Have an Ice Day like in the mk9 demo Berzerkgodzilla 14:16, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
Scorpion as Sub-Zero's Enemy.
Will Somebody please add Hanzo Hasashi (Forgive me if I mispelled his name) A.K.A. Scorpion to Sub-Zero's Enemy list? I mean for crying out loud this is almost common knowledge but yet neither name is present on that list surprisingly. And I am too dumb to figure out how to do it myself. And If he is not an enemy of Sub-Zero's I must have missed something somewhere.
22.214.171.124 07:30, March 23, 2011 (UTC) Brad Shimazaki
- Scorpion is not currently an enemy of this Sub-Zero; it was the other Sub-Zero that killed him, and Quan Chi who killed Scorpion's family and clan (and later revealed it to him as he defeated Sub-Zero and was about to kill him). SmokeSound off! 23:44, March 23, 2011 (UTC)
- That's right, Scorpion and Sub-Zero used to be enemies because Scorpion still thought that Sub-Zero was responsible for killing his family and clan and thus, indirectly ruining his life. Now that he knows it's Quan Chi, both he and Sub-Zero are NOT enemies anymore. 126.96.36.199 07:18, April 1, 2011 (UTC)
- That is true Smoke, but, MK9 takes place before Scorpion learns this, so technically, they are still enemies as of recent games. also think about this from the start they have been enemies unless you count MKSM i mean that rivalry has been a major part of the MK series,so yes he should be added.
- Each character who is in the newest MK game has two separate timelines on this wikia: original and alternate. Original info should be kept separate from alternate info in these cases. Otherwise, it is pointless to have two separate categories for each character who is featured in MK9. Bi-Han, aka Noob Saibot, aka ORIGINAL Sub-Zero murdered human Scorpion, aka Hanzo Hasashi. Hanzo became the undead wraith Scorpion and in turn, murdered Bi-Han. Bi-Han became Noob Saibot, and did not return until UMK3. Kuai Liang, YOUNG Sub-Zero, aka Tundra, is featured in MK2. Scorpion is enemies with this Sub-Zero and vise versa. Nothing becomes of this, however, until MK4, when Quan Chi reveals that he was, in fact, the murderer of Scorpion's family and clan, NOT EITHER ONE OF the Sub-Zeros. At this point, the younger Sub-Zero (now current), and Scorpion are no longer enemies. Although, they do pose as rivals of the series, simply because they are the two most popular characters. For instance, they battle in the intro to Armageddon. In the original timeline up to the events of Armageddon (which is where the original timeline ends), I would classify the two as rivals, NOT enemies. However, considering MK9 is a remake of the first three MKs, in the NEW timeline, Scorpion and Sub-Zero could be considered rivals. (Obviously, Scorpion was deceived by Quan Chi just as in the first timeline, and Sub-Zero only despises Scorpion for murdering his brother.) Basically... it's all a big misunderstanding between the two. DLKnightstick 05:25, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Sigature movesHi, i added a few images from MK9 of sub zero, but i found these 2
the first one seems like ice shoulder, but it doesn't appear as a move on mk9 on the signature moves and is performed only before the x-ray move. The second image is a move that freezes the other character at touching him/her and i'm not sure how is called, hope this would be useful.
The first picture is actually how he starts his X-Ray move, the second is part of a combination move, not an actual special move.
So due to leaks on the Acievement list it has been revealed that there is a Cyber Sub-Zero and he is going to play a part in the Story mode (the script of story mode was Leaked) but people don't really talk about him. I was wondering everyone else thought about Cyber Sub-Zero.
I prefer Cyber Sub-Zero over his human form. Human Sub-Zero is slower and I feel that his ice clone technique is not as useful as I feel it shouod be. Cyber Sub-Zero has quicker moves and some decent combos, also with the iceball and a nifty teleport technique that you can spring off into combos. He also has a cool part in the story (pun permitted I suppose). Mason Jones 17:28, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
I've read Sub-Zero's ending, and Scorpion became allies with him. So should we put Scorpion in Sub-Zero's Allies list, but put MK2011 Ending Only in brackets? Mayor Zain, at your service. 18:21, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I've wondered about this too. In my personal opinion I think it's safe to add it, then again, I don't want to edit his page and get some hate mail because I added Scorpion to his allies. Gunji 20:44, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I would say not because its an arcade ending thats only Sub-Zero's it's not mentioned in Scorpion's ending. My personal rule of thumb with the Arcade endings is unless every character in the ending has an ending similar or the same then we can't say it happened unless mentioned in a future game, that of course also goes for ending with only one character in it. GrimmShadows 21:05, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
- i though about this myself, and i think its a great idea! after i finished the Ladder with Sub-Zero, i've been playing Tag games with Sub-Zero and Scorpion. its a combination that makes a good player unstoppable! beside, Scorpion got he's revange in he's arcade ending. what would he do AFTER he got he's vengeance? i mean, i wouldnt just vanish or stand still, proud of he's victory until he died. i think they would ally up after Scropion kill'd Quan chi. since he own Sub-Zero he's revange after killing Bi-Han, and in Sub-Zero's ending, he wanted an alliance with Scorpion. i think this is pretty possible. and if the netherrealm studio hadnt this in mind... well, lest just say that Ermac was a rumored character, now he's an important character, couse he ripd off Jax's arms. -Storm Funsoms
Who was it that came up with the Spine rip first, Alien Vs Predator or Mortal Kombat? Alta1r 15:28, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks. I owe ya. Alta1r 13:24, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
If I recall correctly, and I might not, they had something similar in the first predator movie, it didn't show the Predator removing it but it did show him either examining the skull or walking away from the screen holding the skull and you could see the spine still hanging off it. GrimmShadows 21:09, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
Where did they reveal his real name?
When did they reveal Sub-Zero's name as Kuai Liang? Is this really canon like confirmed in a game or was it just some person's guess for his name? And if it is his name then what does it mean?Numad 05:08, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
It was in Sub-Zero's MK9 trailer. 05:46, April 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Kuai Liang was a real historical figure in the 2nd century AD. He was an advisor to a warlord (Liu Biao) who planned the legendary Battle of Xianyiang. Not sure if it's a name coincidence or not. The name "Kuai" generally means "fast" or "clever" and the name "Liang" means "good" or "fine," so "Kuai Liang" might mean something like "Good runner" or "Genious goodnik" or something like that.
- However, that direct translation might be wrong, as someone else translated "Kuai Liang" as a pun more like "Cold Stream." That seems more likely, and it's probably a back-translation from some English phrase like that.--Tim Thomason 19:20, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I was looking it up and what I found was more along the lines, what the guy here got then the guy on the other site "Good Stride" or maybe "Docile Stride." The first might be like "Good Runner" I'm wondering if the other guy just made that up to try to fit it with the character. I don't know I'm just putting what I found on google translate. Maybe the guy on the other site has a better dictonary or is actully Chinese, it could also be an obscure dialect that google doesn't know or something. GrimmShadows 21:43, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
- Thingie about chinese names
- Anyone else finds it funny that according to the names given to the Sub Zero brothers, they aren't actually brothers? Since they don't share the family name. e.g. Kuai and Bi.
- Nothing too big but I guess it's all good as long as it sounds foreign
Trouble with his style
Personally I haven't ever been very great fighting as Sub-Zero. It seems like he would be a faster fighter, but he is very slow in this game. That's not my real problem, however. My thing is, why is it that if an enemy is very close to me my ice clone does not freeze him? Anyone else notice this? The fact that I cannot catch an opponent jumping into me or coming in with a fist or foot makes this technique useless to me.
Mason Jones 22:29, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
I've a;ways been fairly decent with Sub-Zero, but yea I've noticed that too and don't really use it much because its something you have to know what moves you oppenent is gonna use and where they're gonna be, and its hard to do that. GrimmShadows 23:56, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
- They took out the ability to freeze your opponent by using the ice clone right next to them. I think people complained about it happening to them. --Azeruth 00:12, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
- A "toned down" Sub-Zero, who can no longer create an ice clone next to the opponent to freeze him on the spot. If he tries, the statue will not form. Found here --Azeruth 00:25, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
A Klassic Mistake
You know what I just realized? If they were giving characters their Klassic costumes, shouldn't Noob Saibot (original Sub-Zero) have gotten the Klassic Sub-Zero costume, and not his brother? I'm probably thinking too deep into this, but it was an interesting thought that popped up. --Razr459 12:33, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
For me the Klassik Outfits looks more to MKII, where the younger Sub Zero is in ;) but you're rright, he get also the classic Fatality of his brother--Soran 12:39, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
I think the reason they did it like that is because Noob is no longer Sub-Zero and most people consider him a different person, after all in the orignal timeline he didn't remember much if anything from being alive. Plus if someone is new the series they might get confused as to why Noob as two black costumes and one blue one. That's my theory. Yes I do know they are the same but there is a pretty big difference between the two not even counting the lack of memory. GrimmShadows 18:26, May 3, 2011 (UTC)
personaly, i think thats wrong. couse, in story mode, the first Sub-Zero who appear in Mortal Kombat2011 IS Bi-Han in the alternative kostume. it is not mentioned whitch of the brothers who wear the Klassic Kostume. and if they gave that Klassic Kostume to Noob-Saibot, it had to have Noob-Saibots powers and abbilities, and that would not fit. honestly, i think you guys are making abit drama for alil unknown issue. this is just probably the tiniest thing to be mad at in the game, you could annoy yourself over that Goro is an unplayable character in this game, or that Bo'Rai'Cho isnt playable in MK2011 :P sorry if i offend you, i really dont mean to do that, just speaking out my mind. -Storm Funsoms
Sub-Zero is not 32 years old. That's the age given to his brother as of MK1. Given that this is a younger Sub-Zero, he can't possibly be 32. He's approximately 29 in the original Trilogy. FF6LockeCole 14:52, May 14, 2011 (UTC)FF6LockeCole
has anyone noticed that smoke calls hem Tundra in the begining of Smoke's chapter. 188.8.131.52 21:13, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
- That was his original codename before the original Sub-Zero was killed. --AZERUTH 21:31, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
Should we add all the characters with a klassic costume, like Sub-Zero, in the category Downloadable Costume, I need someone to aproove. So anyway what do you guys think? FROSTY!TOASTY! 23:58, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
He crushes an ice ball in his X-Ray attack? First, he obviously freezes some organ inside the opponent (bladder, maybe). Also how would a iceball damage him/her in any way?--Oreo Biskuit!!Eleven 21:39, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
Is there any valid reason why him being "Chinese-American" somehow means he doesn't have "Asian features"? Last time I checked, being "American" doesn't mean you are just of European descent and wouldn't have anything to do with his features changing. It seems more like speculation than any fact, so I went and edited it. 184.108.40.206 06:34, September 5, 2011 (UTC) SunnyDA
It was mainly because they couldnt keep up with Asian actors and so they just thought the hell with it, retconned him to Chinese-American and they just kept giving him an American actor —Riley Heligo 09:21, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Out of curiosity, where is the younger Sub-Zero's age ever revealed? I know the original Mortal Kombat comic stated both Scorpion and the elder Sub-Zero to be 32. Since MK2 seems to take place shortly after MK1 and Kuai Liang and Bi-Han have never been said to be twins, how can the younger Sub-Zero also be 32? Was this age ever stated for him specifically and not his brother? - Sponge Pore 18:35, September 8, 2011 (UTC)Theres only one category (added by me :D) and there should be 1000 more! Why is this? Answer my question or Shang Tsung will take your soul! Your friendly neighborhood ElectricMayhem "Ya mess with me and you get shocked!" 23:21, November 14, 2011 (UTC)
The Lin Kuei: Ninja?
Hey guys, I heard that in Mythologies, Sub-Zero stated he wasn't a ninja. I just want to point out certain factors that make this claim debatable. In MK history, a Lin Kuei member named Takeda developed Ninjutsu. If you think about it, it would mean Ninjutsu could be a watered down version of Lin Kuei martial arts. So, from a certain point of view, the Lin Kuei have an extended knowledge of Ninjutsu. Also, many of the games adress Sub-Zero, his fellow clan members, and even the Lin Kuei themselves, as ninja. A final point: the Lin Kuei hate the Shirai Ryu with all their soul and being. It is possible that, since the Shirai Ryu were the first to be called Ninja, that Sub-Zero wanted to keep the name away from the Lin Kuei. I assume it could have been his hatred of the Shirai Ryu that caused him to make said statement. --NinjaMasta12345 23:05, April 14, 2012 (UTC)NinjaMasta12345
Well, of course, keep in mind, that was Bi-Han who said he was not a ninja. I doubt Kuai Liang has anything against the term. But anyway, I get what you're saying. I personally took it as a way of saying "The Lin Kuei are a step above what is referred to as 'ninja'". That coupled with the Lin Kuei's hatred of the Shirai Ruy seems to support what you're saying. Sponge Pore 18:44, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
How could the original timeline of mortal kombat affect Sub Zero if it came back.
It would affect him big time as he would
1. Not be a cyborg anymore
2. He would have cooler moves as its not a prequel to the later Mk games.
3.He would still now Noob Saibot is his brother and try to cure and cleanse him.
4.He would not serve Quan Chi especially sence he's not under a spell.
5. He and Scorpion would not be rivals.
6. He would also still rule the Lin Kuei.
7. He would still have some of his most memorabal features like his eye scar, the dragon medallion, and his ancestral armor.
8. He would remember his heritage.
9. He would still have his awesome sword as a style and not for ceratin combo's.
10. He would be friends with Kenshi still and be hostile to Hotaru.