The Desert Command is an outpost situated in the middle of nowhere in an arid, sunny climate. The most prominent feature is the missile battery firing off in the background, intercepting incoming enemy threats. Interactables include an armored vehicle that fighters can slam opponents into or vault off of, a cactus to grind the opponent against or an animal skull to toss at the opponent. In story mode, the outpost came under attack by the Cyber Lin Kuei. Though Earthrealm's defenders manage to fend off the threat, Kano's present and past selves captured both past Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade and set Sektor to Self-Destruct, leveling the entire base.
Special Forces Desert Command features three stage interactions. In order:
- A cow skull in the center of the arena that can be thrown at the opponent.
- A cactus three on the far left that when interacted with, has the player grab their opponent and drag their character across the tree's spiky surface.
- A parked armored attack vehicle, which the player can interact with to slam their opponent's head into the back tire.
There are two Stage Brutalities that can be achieved on this stage.
- When the opponent is at 10% health or less, if the armored vehicle interaction is triggered, with the up button held, the opponent's head will be crushed completely, killing them.
- After hitting the opponent with the car and cactus, with their health at 10% or lower, throw the cattle skull while holding R1 plus forward, and the skull will smash their head to bits and remain on their bleeding neck.
- This is the first stage in Mortal Kombat 11 to have a Stage Brutality associated with it; tossing the skull at the opponent causes their head to fly off and the skull to fix itself in its place.
- A 2nd Stage Brutality was later added. When interacting with the Armored Vehicle, their head will now explode when Player crushes their boot to the opponents head.