—Skarlet to Kotal Kahn
Skarlet is a character in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. A mage of the deadly arts of Blood Magik, she is one of the adopted daughters of the Outworld Emperor Shao Kahn and serves as his personal body guard.
Skarlet returned in Mortal Kombat 11 as a playable character and minor antagonist in the game's Story Mode.
- 1 About Skarlet
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Character Development
- 4 Game Information
- 5 Combat Characteristics
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
Originally, Skarlet was a character rumored to have been a secret in Mortal Kombat II, though this was speculated to be a coding glitch from Kitana, much like Ermac, who had supposedly been a color glitch from Scorpion.
Originally depicted as a pure genetic experiment created by Shao Kahn himself through magic and the combination of the blood from countless dead warriors, Skarlet's backstory is retconned in Mortal Kombat 11, revealing she is of Outworlder decent, a starving wretch on the streets of Outworld who was taken in personally by Shao Kahn himself. While the original genetic experiment trait is retconned, she still remains a genetic experiment in a different way, being empowered greatly by Shao Kahn through sorcery, who later taught Skarlet the ways of Blood Magik, becoming a powerful and deadly kombatant in the process.
Due to her affiliation with blood, Skarlet is fascinated by the blood of her enemies, revealing to Shao Kahn that Edenian blood is the most unique to her. However, she refrains from the blood of the Kytinn, which has negative effects on her as compared to the blood of humans and Outworlders.
As one of Shao Kahn's adopted daughters, she is a devoted servant of his, doing anything and everything to appease her Emperor, similar to that of Mileena. Kotal Kahn refers to Skarlet as a former Champion of Outworld alongside the likes of Kitana and Baraka.
Skarlet has unnaturally red hair with a black streak tied back in a low ponytail, gray eyes, and her clothing is primarily red and black with minimal white accents. She wears a tight ninja half-face mask from her nose to the edge of her collar bone. She has forearm and shoulder guards, and wears somewhat of a short loin cloth, and a top that is similar to Jade's alternate top, revealing a bare midriff. She wears red high heeled over the knee boots. She also has four kunai strapped onto her right leg, which are featured in her moveset.
In the Mortal Kombat X Comic Series, while Skarlet is still seen in her original outfit, she is also seen in a full black body suit with matching shoulder guards. She keeps her mask and wears her loin cloth over the suit, while also now wielding twin katanas.
In Mortal Kombat 11, her default outfit consists of a much more conservative black and red outfit with pouches, including one with vials of blood and a hood with goggles. Her alternate costume used in story mode sports a mage-like appearance and removes the hood, showing off an inverse of her previous hairstyle, now being short and black in color with red highlights. Following the release of the first story trailer however, her hairstyle has reverted to its original length and color, though let loose. Another variation of this costume gives her shorter gloves as well as her original hairstyle with its red color.
Skarlet is based on the (debunked) rumor of Skarlet in Mortal Kombat II. Supposedly, a red palette swap of Kitana, same as with Ermac as a red palette swap of Scorpion, little was known about her aside from that. On September 10th, 2010, Ed Boon updated his twitter with an image of the leg of an unknown, red-clad, female character. Speculation has abounded that this might be a redesign of Sareena or Kira. Boon had initially promised to release the full image should Shao Kahn win against Gears of War's General RAAM in Gamespot's "All Time Greatest Villain" Contest. However, after Shao Kahn's loss, no additional information as to the identity of this character was given for months. Since then, she has been seen in the background of the Kahn's Arena during gameplay videos for Mortal Kombat (2011). On March 26th, 2011, Gamepro released information regarding which characters would be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) in Mortal Kombat (2011). Skarlet was revealed – although her name was not. Through hacking of the game, Skarlet was discovered, as well as having a Babality model, but the model was glitched and did not move.
She was rumored to have appeared briefly in MKII as a red, glitched Kitana. According to Hans Lo from NetherRealm Studios, Skarlet's appearance in MKII was a "programming glitch." MK series co-creator (and MKII lead programmer) Ed Boon has publicly contradicted this, initially calling it simply "not true". In a later interview, Boon expanded on this remark somewhat, saying: "...there was never a glitch that turned Kitana red, that never existed. That was just an urban legend like Animalities and Ermac — a rumor that we eventually wanted to make true." This glitch could, however, be the result of physical damage to the hardware of the arcade cabinet, leaving the validity of the glitch still up to debate.
Powers and Abilities
Skarlet is a very ferocious opponent in battle. She utilizes a slew of blades during combat, which she can use as both projectiles and melee weapons. Being composed solely of blood, Skarlet can utilize several blood-related techniques such as throwing orb-shaped projectiles composed of blood and can even morph herself into a red-liquid state which she can mold into structures. Unlike Noob Saibot, she utilizes this state for both offensive and evasive maneuvers.
Despite having had her legs shattered by Mileena in the Mortal Kombat X comic, she returns in MK11 with restored limbs, suggesting regenerative abilities. Her abilities in particular have also been significantly improved thanks to Blood Magic, now being able to draw blood directly from her opponents out of their orifices as well as forming weapons from said blood as shown by her Fatal Blow and one of her Fatalities as well as forming blood constructs out of thin air and one of her win animations summoning a magic glyph underneath her that causes blood to rise up. While still a vicious opponent, Skarlet's fighting style has changed considerably, trading in her acrobatic techniques for blood constructs. Her assassin tendencies still remain by wielding a single dagger or hiding within a bloodied corpse and lashing out for a surprise attack as a shapeless mass of blood.
- Up Slash: Skarlet unsheathes one of her swords and slices her opponent upward, allowing a juggle. Can be performed during her Red Dash to increase its range. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Dual Up Slash and adds an additional hit.
- Down Slash: Skarlet unsheathes one of her swords and slices her opponent downward, allowing a juggle. Can be performed during her Red Dash to increase its range. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Dual Down Slash and adds an additional hit.
- Dagger Toss: Skarlet throws two of the kunai strapped to her leg. The second kunai can be delayed. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Double Daggers and allows Skarlet to throw four kunai.
- Air Dagger: Skarlet throws a kunai in the air. This has straight and diagonal commands. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Tri Air Dagger and allows her to throw 3 kunais at a time. This has close and far commands.
- Blood Ball: Skarlet casts a ball composed of her own blood at the opponent. In MK 2011, this decreases some of her own health but compensates by being the most powerful non-boss projectile in the game. Its trajectory may be altered somewhat by holding down or up as it is launched. In MK11, the damage is far less but it doesn't drain Skarlet's health and re-stands the opponent should it make contact with an airborne opponent. (MK 2011, MK11)
- Blood Flow: Skarlet can alter the speed of her Blood Ball with a directional input, either slowing the Ball or increasing the speed, called Slow/Fast Blood Ball, respectively. Altering the speed of the Ball requires and spends a bar of Offensive Meter. The re-stand effect and damage of the attack remains the same. This ability requires two ability slots when equipped. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Blood Drop: Skarlet teleports above and behind her opponent and slashes them. This move can be performed in mid-air. This move is similar to Mileena's Tele-Kick. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Blood Stomp and makes her stab the opponent, digging her swords into their shoulder blades until they fall down, and then rolls off them. (MK 2011)
- Red Dash: Skarlet dashes forward, leaving a blood trail behind her. This move does not hit on its own. (MK 2011)
- The enhanced version is called Krimson Dash and lets her dash a longer distance.
- Red Slide: Skarlet slides on a pool of blood and attacks her enemies. This can only be done during Red Dash.
- Bloodshot: Skarlet casts a small blood-based projectile at her opponent. (MK11)
- Amplifying the attack causes the projectile to return to Skarlet as soon as it makes contact with the opponent, restoring about 8% of Skarlet's health in the process. The attack can only be amplified if it successfully damages the opponent.
- Blood Spatter: Skarlet emits an explosion of blood around herself which knocks the opponent back. This attack has armor breaking properties, ignoring the armor granted by specific abilities and Fatal Blows. When breaking armor, Skarlet recovers from using the attack slightly faster. When breaking armor granted by a Break Away, the attack deals slightly increased damage. (MK11)
- Amplifying the attack increases the radius of the attack and launches the opponent in the air. When used in the corner of an arena, this offers an increased juggle effect, otherwise the opponent is knocked away. If Skarlet breaks armor when amplifying the attack, recovers much faster from the attack. Additionally, when breaking armor granted by a Break Away, the attack will deal slightly increased damage.
- Blood Trail: Skarlet casts a blood-based projectile that moves along the ground. When sending the attack, Skarlet is capable of dodging incoming projectiles. (MK11)
- Amplifying the attack deals increased damage. A blood fountain traps the opponent's foot, however the opponent is not stunned by this effect but Skarlet does recover much faster than her opponent, possibly leaving them vulnerable to additional attacks.
- Blood Tentacle: Skarlet stabs herself in the gut, summoning a tentacle of blood that swings at the opponent. The attack can be used at four different ranges, normal, close, far and full screen range, called Close/Far/Very Far Blood Tentacle, respectively. (MK11)
- Dagger Dance: Skarlet enters a defensive stance and parries attacks, with the exception of low attacks and Fatal Blows, where she teleports behind the opponent and stabs them in the back then slashes them with her dagger, knocking them down. Skarlet can delay the attack. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Amplifying the attack has Skarlet drain the opponent's blood on the initial back stab, healing her for about 10% of her health, then slash the back of their leg, stab them in the back of the neck then kick them away for increased damage.
- If Skarlet parries three attacks during the match, the attack turns into a Krushing Blow when amplified, where when she goes to stab the opponent's neck, she instead stabs them in the back of the head, causing blood to splatter, dealing increased damage and causing massive damage-over-time.
- Bloodport: Skarlet turns into blood and teleports behind her opponent. It has two additional distances, where she teleports in front of the opponent or further behind them, called Bloodport in Front/Behind, respectively, or she can teleport in place, called Bloodport In Place, respectively. Changing the distance and location of where she teleports requires and spends a bar of Defensive Meter. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Cell Siphon: Skarlet trances her opponent and draws them closer to her, drawing their blood to her. This move is similar to Quan Chi's trance, but does not stun the opponent. This ability conflicts with Boiling Point and Retch-Rebution when equipped, disabling the option to select Boiling Point or Retch-Rebution. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Amplifying the attack deals increased damage and heals Skarlet for about 4% of her health.
- Boiling Point: Skarlet summons a Blood Magik spell under her opponent's feet, surrounding them in blood and levitating them off the ground, dealing damage. The attack can be used at different ranges, called Close/Far Boiling Point, respectively. This attack re-stands the opponent. This ability conflicts with Cell Siphon and Retch-Rebution when equipped, disabling the option to select Cell Siphon or Retch-Rebution. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Amplifying the attack has Skarlet keep the opponent suspended for a bit longer, knocking them away with a final burst of blood and dealing increased damage.
- Retch-Rebution: Skarlet summons a Blood Magik spell under her opponent's feet, causing the opponent to vomit blood. The attack can be used at different ranges, called Close/Far Retch-Rebution, respectively. This attack re-stands the opponent. This ability conflicts with Boiling Point and Cell Siphon when equipped, disabling the option to select Boiling Point or Cell Siphon.(MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Amplifying the attack has Skarlet intensify the spell, causing the opponent to vomit even more blood than before, dealing increased damage.
- Killer Clot: Skarlet places a blood-ball like trap on the fightline. Should the opponent walk near it, the ball floats towards them sticks to their chest for some time. While under this effect, the opponent can not use their Offensive or Defensive Meters until the ball disappears. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Blood Ritual: Skarlet surrounds both herself and her opponent in red aura, which drains both of the fighters' health. Over the entirety of the channel, Skarlet loses 8% of her health, while her opponent only loses 4%. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Krimson Shield: Skarlet casts a red aura around herself which reduces the damage she takes by 15%. Only the first strike or initial strikes of the opponent's Fatal Blow will be reduced. Connecting or being struck by a Krushing Blow or Fatal Blow ends this effect prematurely. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Red Mist: Skarlet creates a blood aura around herself, damaging the opponent should they stay near her. Connecting or being struck by a Krushing Blow or Fatal Blow ends this effect prematurely. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- Red Rain: Skarlet stabs herself in the chest, causing it to rain blood at the location she activated the attack, similar to Kotal Kahn's God Ray. If Skarlet stands in the rain, all her damage dealt is increased by 25%. If the opponent stands in the rain, all their damage dealt will be reduced by 25%. Only the first strike of the Skarlet's Fatal Blow gains the damage bonus. Only the first strike or initial strikes of the opponent's Fatal Blow will be reduced. Connecting or being struck by a Krushing Blow or Fatal Blow ends this effect prematurely. (MK11 - Equip Ability)
- X-Ray - Blood Bank: Skarlet flips forward, whereupon connecting, she delivers a brutal palm strike into her opponent's nose area, breaking the skull, followed by a reverse kick, piercing their eye cavity with the heel of her boot. (MK 2011)
- Fatal Blow - Bloody Fun: Skarlet grabs the opponent as she proceeds to stab them multiple times with her dagger before vertically slicing upwards through their torso. She turns the resulting gush of blood into a scythe and impales the opponent through the gut with it, launching them upwards. She then spins back as she creates a blood spear before taking aim and hurling it through the opponent's open mouth and out the back of their head. (MK11)
- Throw: Skarlet grabs her opponent, stabs them in the shoulder with her ninja sword, forces them onto their knees, then either plants her foot on their chest and kicks them away (Forward Throw), or flips herself behind them and wrenches her ninja sword out - the force of which causes the opponent to fall to the ground (Backwards Throw). (MK 2011)
- Throw (Forward): Skarlet grabs her opponent and creates a blood spear as blood tentacles quickly rise out of the ground as they hold the opponent by their arms and feet before she proceeds to stab them with the blood spear. She then slices her right hand with her dagger as she blasts the opponent away with blood.
- If Skarlet performs this on an opponent who has failed a Throw Escape during a previous Throw before, the attack turns into a Krushing Blow, where when Skarlet stabs the opponent with a spear, it pierces them through and causes the blood to splatter, dealing over double the original damage. If this is successful, Skarlet can not perform the Krushing Blow version of her Throw (Backward).
- Throw (Backward): Skarlet grabs the opponent and creates a blood scythe as blood tentacles once again rise out of the ground to hold the opponent like before. She then stabs the opponent through their chin with the blood scythe and swings her opponent to other side. (MK11)
- If Skarlet performs this on an opponent who has failed a Throw Escape during a previous Throw before, the attack turns into a Krushing Blow, where when Skarlet stabs the opponent with the scythe, the blade goes through the skull, dealing over double the original damage. If this is successful, Skarlet can not perform the Krushing Blow version of her Throw (Forward).
- Scythe Slam: Skarlet creates a scythe from blood and brings it down in an overhead swing. (MK11)
- If Skarlet connects two Scythe Slams in a row, the attack turns into a Krushing Blow on the second hit, with the scythe impaling the opponent through the back, causing blood to splatter and dealing double the original damage.
- Thicker Than Blood: Skarlet swings downwards with a blood sword and thrusts forward with a blood spear. (MK11)
- If Skarlet connects the kombo as a Kounter or a Punish, the attack turns into a Krushing Blow, where when Skarlet stabs the opponent with a spear, it impales them through the stomach and causes blood to splatter, dealing increased damage and causing massive damage-over-time.
Mobile Game Moves
- Rain of Blood: When Skarlet defeats an opponent, she sends a Blood Ball at the opponent, causing them to explode and making it rain blood for 60 seconds. This effect resets every time Skarlet defeats an opponent. During his time, all of Skarlet's damage dealt is increased by 50%, Skarlet and her MK11 teammates cause a Bleed damage-over-time effect after performing Combo-Enders and gain Vampirism on opponents affected by Bleed effects, returning health for a portion of the damage dealt to an opponent, with the exception of Fatal Blows. (MK Mobile - MK11 Card - Passive)
- Bloodletter: At the start of a match, Skarlet applies a Bleed damage-over-time effect to the entire enemy team. Skarlet siphons the Power of any opponent she is fighting that is affected by Bleed effects. Skarlet and her Assassin teammates have a 30% chance of dealing Lethal Blow damage to opponents under 50% health. All Assassin Cards deal 10% increased damage towards Circle of Shadow Cards. (MK Mobile - Assassin Card - Passive)
- Cell Siphon: Skarlet kicks the opponent twice in the face then pulls them in closer using Blood Magik. The opponent is affected by a Bleed Damage-over-time effect. (MK Mobile - MK11 Card, Assassin Card)
- MK11 Combo-Ender Krushing Blow: Ending her current combo, if Skarlet is under the effects of her Rain of Blood Passive and applies a Bleed effect to the opponent, she will slash the opponent then impaled the opponent with a Blood Spear, dealing increased damage and causing blood to splatter. (MK Mobile - MK11 Card)
- Simple Slaughter: Skarlet kicks her opponent twice in the shins then stabs them in the leg with her Blood Spear before slashing them with a rising swing of her Blood Scythe. The opponent is affected by Cripple, disabling their ability to use special attacks with the exception of their X-Ray/Fatal Blow for some time. (MK Mobile - MK11 Card)
- Tentacles: Skarlet stabs herself in the stomach, unleashing Blood Tentacles that strike the opponent twice, knocking them down. Skarlet gains Strength, increasing all her damage dealt for some time. (MK Mobile - Assassin Card)
- Blood Bath: Skarlet takes one of her ninja swords and stabs her opponent in through the ear. She then takes the other sword and slashes her opponent´s throat, holding them back as she lets their blood gush on her face. (MK 2011)
- Make It Rain: Skarlet stabs herself with her sword. She then becomes a puddle of blood and moves underneath the opponent. She then creates blood pillars, which stab the hands and legs of the opponent, causing them to elevate. Skarlet appears under the opponent, slices their stomach and proceeds to bathe in the blood and chunks of flesh that pour out from their wound. (MK 2011)
- Bloody Mess: Skarlet lifts the opponent's own blood in the air through their mouth and eyes and creates six stakes of it. The stakes pierce the enemy's chest, shoulders, heart and eye socket. Skarlet then laughs and presses the stake in the victim's eye socket, causing the impaled eyeball to pop out through the head. (MK11)
- Heart Condition: Skarlet launches tendrils of blood at the opponent's heart, and starts to rapidly pump blood through them. The blood rushing to the opponent's heart builds, and the heart eventually explodes, creating a surge of blood and gore that bursts through the victim's chest. (MK11)
- The Klassic: Skarlet performs an uppercut, decapitating the opponent with a rising uppercut with their spine still attached. This Brutality is shared with every character. (MK11)
- Must not block an attack for the entirety of the final round.
- A button must be held.
- Bottom Out: Skarlet performs her Throw (Forward), only this time, instead of knocking the opponent away after impaling them with her Blood Spear, she stabs and eviscerates their midsection, causing their organs to fall out and dangle while their are held up be her Blood Tentacles. (MK11)
- Requires a number of Throws to connect during the last round.
- Will not trigger on Krushing Blow, if it has not been activated during the match.
- Melted: Skarlet performs a Blood Ball that causes the opponent to bubble up while covered in blood before eventually exploding. (MK11)
- Must not be Close to the opponent.
- A button must be held.
- Not Dead Yet: Skarlet performs an amplified Blood Trail with the trail of blood removing the layters of skin from her opponent's leg, causing them to die from shock. As they fall dead, blood pours from the wound. (MK11)
- The Red Mist must be active.
- Feeding Time: Skarlet performs a Blood Tentacle. As Skarlet performs her Brutality Victory Pose, a second Tentacle spawns and wraps around the opponent's chest, squeezing them with so much force that their head eventually pops off their body. (MK11)
- Requires a number of Blood Tentacles to connect during the match.
- Purge: Skarlet performs a Retch-Rebution, causing the opponent to vomit much more blood than before. As they continue to vomit, some of their innards are vomited out as well. The opponent continues to vomit until they finally die. (MK11)
- Skarlet must perform a Mercy during the match.
- Beautiful Blood: Skarlet performs her Simple Slaughter combo with the rising Blood Scythe swing cutting the opponent in half from the head down. (MK11)
- The Red Rain buff must be active.
- Bubbling Up: Skarlet performs a Boiling Point, only this time instead of dropping the opponent, she turns their entire body into blood, compressing them into a ball before bouncing the giant blood ball off the ground, which explodes after bouncing. (MK11)
- Must connect the first hit.
- A button must be held.
- Gushing Garrote: Skarlet performs an amplified Dagger Dance, only this time, instead of stabbing the back of the opponent's neck, Skarlet grabs her opponent and slits their throat. (MK11)
- Will not trigger on Krushing Blow, if it has not been activated during the match.
- It's A Gusher: Skarlet performs her Marrow Massacre combo, with the slice of her Blood Scythe cutting the opponent in half across the waist. (MK11)
- A button must be held.
- Just A Prick: Skarlet performs her Throw (Backward) and tears off the opponent's head with the blood scythe, smashing it against the floor afterwards. (MK11)
- A button must be pressed repeatedly.
- Babality: Skarlet takes out a bottle of milk and starts to drink. She then throws the milk bottle, taking out a bottle of blood and drinks that instead, much to her enjoyment. (MK 2011)
- Friendship - Masterpiece: Skarlet summons an easel, paints a stick figure with blood, and signs her name in the corner. (MK11)
- "Death hand beckons." (Round Win quote)
- "I nicked a vein?" (Round Win quote)
- "Blood for blood." (Round Win quote)
- "I will drain your life." (Round Win quote)
- "Your blood is mine." (Round Win quote)
- "Born of blood." (Round Win quote)
- "Come closer." (Round Win quote)
- "Let's dance." (Round Win quote)
- "Let's play." (Round Win quote)
- "Everybody bleeds." (Round Win quote)
- "Your blood strengthens me." (Round Win quote)
- "You have strong arteries." (Round Win quote)
- "I like you... bloody." (Round Win quote)
- "Rather crude weapons..." (Round Win quote after defeating fighter that uses guns)
- "Pray, monk." (Round Win quote after defeating Liu Kang or Kung Lao)
- "You bleed for the wrong flag." (Round Win quote after defeating anyone from Special Forces)
- "This is a blood bath..." (Round Win quote)
- "Your bloodline ends." (Brutality quote)
- "Your death...feeds me." (Brutality quote)
- "You can't..."
- "I submit."
- "Better to thrive in Shao Kahn's court than starve in the streets." (To Kotal Kahn)
- "You Osh-Tekk may practice blood magic, Kotal, but I am the master."
- "Edenian blood is most sweet, your Excellency. It is also a rare commodity." (To Shao Kahn)
- "Almost done. Then time to feast." (While draining Jade's blood)
- "Princess Kitana?"
- "All those years, the Kahn's high and mighty daughter. Now brought low by common soldiers. Have you learned, finally, that you're no better than the rest of us?" (To Kitana)
- "You won't be seeing anyone... Liu Kang."
- "Nor arka!" (Grab them!)
- "You betrayed your father, Kitana!"
- "Because your people, and your bloodline, were weak."
- Skarlet is the only one of the female "ninjas", that can be truly considered a kunoichi (female ninja) due to the fact that she possesses Kodachi Swords and Kunais and her fighting style is based on Taijutsu.
- She is the third character based on a rumor to have been made playable, the first two being Ermac and Blaze, respectively.
- Similar to Ermac, her color is red.
- Before her release as an official character, Skarlet was known simply as "The Lady in Red."
- She is the third of four characters whose power has to do with blood, the first two being Nitara and Meat, with the fourth being Kotal Kahn.
- Kotal Kahn is the only one of the four that primarily use Blood Magik as his main source of power, as he uses sunlight as well.
- Story-wise, she is the third character created by Shao Kahn's will, the first two being Mileena and Ermac.
- However Mortal Kombat 11 retcons her history, making her a starving Outworlder before being reborn in blood and sorcery. Despite this, Ed Boon in his interview after the game release still refers to her as the creation of Shao Kahn.
- Skarlet and Khameleon are the only female ninjas that have not been unmasked.
- However, Skarlet is unmasked in her Babality.
- Through hacking, it was revealed that her Babality was originally going to have her mask on. However, this model is glitched and does not move.
- Also through hacking, it was revealed that she has an alternate costume. It is only featured on the PS Vita version of Mortal Kombat (2011), however.
- As of MK11, Skarlet can be customized to remove her mask.
- Skarlet is the first new non-guest character to be introduced to the series as DLC. The second was Triborg in MKX.
- Between her and Triborg, Skarlet is currently the only one of the two to return as a playable character.
- Skarlet was in an early draft of Mortal Kombat X's Story Mode but was cut.
- Skarlet is the first of four characters that originally appeared in a game's Story Mode before becoming playable later in the same game as DLC. Those that followed this would be Tanya and Bo' Rai Cho in Mortal Kombat X, respectively, with Sheeva following in Mortal Kombat 11.
Mortal Kombat (2011)
- Skarlet makes multiple appearances throughout MK (2011)'s Story Mode, appearing among the other fighters, however, she has no dialogue or scenes. She is also seen chained up in Kahn's Coliseum.
- In early development, Skarlet had Jade's fighting stance.
- Her Babality is the only one in the series to have blood in it.
- When Shang Tsung's Identity Theft Fatality is performed on Skarlet, she will not yell "No!"; instead, she will grunt.
- At only 27% damage, Skarlet's X-Ray Move does the least amount of damage out of all the other kombatants'.
- Much like Ermac, Skarlet's voice is composed of multiple voices, which talk in unison.
- As of MK11, Skarlet now talks in a singular voice.
- As revealed in Fatality Practice mode, her favorite historical figure when she was a young girl was the 16th century Hungarian Countess and murderer Elizabeth Báthory, who was rumored to have bathed in the blood of young women to maintain her youth.
- Skarlet received two Klassic Costumes in the PS Vita version of Mortal Kombat (2011): a MKII outfit, based on her speculation of being a character in that game, and the other is a UMK3-styled outfit.
- She also received her scrapped alt from the console version. It along with Rain's and Kenshi's is unlocked by beating Challenge #150 on the Bonus Challenge Tower.
- The fact that Skarlet was a rumor in MKII is referenced in one of the challenges in the Bonus Challenge Tower from the PS Vita version of Mortal Kombat (2011).
- Besides Cyber Sub-Zero, Skarlet is the only non-klassic character in the series to receive a Klassic Character skin.
Mortal Kombat X (Comic Series)
- Skarlet does not appear in Mortal Kombat X but makes an appearance in the comics for the game.
- In the MKX comic series, it is revealed that Kytinn blood causes Skarlet to lose her energy and become weak, making it the only type of blood she steers clear from.
Mortal Kombat 11
- Skarlet was one of the very first characters revealed in MK11, along with Raiden, Scorpion and Baraka.
- Her fatality is the very first fatality shown for MK11, being revealed at the end of the trailer.
- Despite only cameoing in MK 2011, Skarlet is one of the many Outworld kombatants brought to the present by Kronika.
- Skarlet's Arcade ending shows her harnessing her Blood Magik powers even further, eventually becoming a Blood Goddess. This is similar to Tremor's Arcade ending in MKX where he becomes an Earth Elemental Demi-God.
- Interactions with Scorpion reveal it was Shao Kahn who taught Skarlet the deadly arts of Blood Magik.
- Further interactions with Shao Kahn shows she wishes to learn Soul Magik to which Shao Kahn believes it will be too difficult to learn.
- An interaction with Shang Tsung states that Blood Magik is weaker than Soul Magik, which draws ire from Skarlet towards Shao Kahn.
- Further interactions with Shao Kahn shows she wishes to learn Soul Magik to which Shao Kahn believes it will be too difficult to learn.
- Similar to her appearance in the PS Vita version of Mortal Kombat (2011), Skarlet is one of two non-klassic kombatant in Mortal Kombat 11 to receive a klassic outfit in the Kustomization, the other being Cassie Cage.
- She is also one of the few characters whose klassic outfit was released as DLC instead of being unlocked.
- Interactions with Erron Black suggest the possibility of the two having a previous relationship, especially with her stating "It's been a long time, Erron."
- In Mortal Kombat (2011), she was said to have been created from the blood of countless warriors by Shao Kahn. Mortal Kombat 11 contradicts this however through dialogue and her biography on the official website stating that she was a starving wretch before Shao Kahn found her and anointed her in blood, allowing her to be reborn.
- When interacting with Kitana, Kitana says to Skarlet, "Mileena took your legs didn't she?" referencing the MKX comics, when Skarlet got herself telekinectically bound in place by Ermac and then had her legs destroyed by Mileena.
- If the player choose Skarlet with Johnny Cage as an announcer, Cage will mockingly call her Skarlet Jo Manson, a reference to a real-life actress Scarlett Johansson and real-life cult leader and murderer Charles Manson.
- Interactions with Sindel reveal that not only does Skarlet want to become Shao Kahn's second in command, she also wants to become his Queen.
- Interactions with Rain suggest the possibility of Skarlet being Edenian due to Rain stating that the blood in Skarlet's veins is Edenian.