The Retrocade is one of four new stages introduced in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath. The stage is set in a large arcade venue with a large assortment of monitors displaying many Klassic Stages from Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
In the Courtyard section, the elderly Shang Tsung can be seen sitting on his throne in the back. However, he won’t be there if he’s in the current match and Shao Kahn will be. However, if both of them are in the match, the throne will be empty. Sonya and Kano will appear in the background of Kahn's Arena. If they are in the match, they will not be in the background.
The stage contains a single arena interaction which is the projector sitting on both sides of the stage. The players may leap off these objects to gain an aerial advantage or simply escape from being cornered. Doing this will cause the projector to switch to different Klassic stage.
There are 8 backgrounds only:
- Shang Tsung's Throne Room
- Shang Tsung's Courtyard
- Living Forest
- Pit II
- Kahn's Arena
- The Temple
- Arcade cabinets in the Retrocade include Primal Rage, Joust, Defender, Area 51 and The Grid.
- This stage along with Tournament are not playable in Story Mode.
- Cardboard cutouts of Ermac in his 2011 outfit and Klassic Reptile can be seen in the far left hand corner of the stage.
- In Johnny Cage's Announcer voice, he will shout "OLD SCHOOL KOMBAT!" a reference to the iconic "MORTAL KOMBAT!" shout.