The Palace Gates is an arena that debuted in the very first Mortal Kombat game. This stage has been recreated in different games, and it can also been seen in the movie as well; the Palace Gates has two different theme songs heard in the Super Nintendo system and the SEGA console.
This area comes after the Courtyard and before the Warrior Shrine, it's usually the second stage in the game if the player chooses to battle in the Single Player Mode. This area doesn't have any kind of built-in fatalities.
- Along with the Warrior Shrine, the Palace Gates is the only stage from the original MK that didn't return in MK 2011.
- However, Shang Tsung's Garden is a combination of this arena and Warrior Shrine. So it technically appears.
- The statue of Buddha in the background was actually a lawn ornament from a neighbor's yard.
- It's also one of four arenas from Mortal Kombat which appears in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, the others being Goro's Lair, The Pit and The Warrior Shrine.
- Pac-Man appears as an Easter Egg on the far right side of the stage.