Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms is an upcoming animated movie based on the popular Mortal Kombat series of fighting games by Warner Bros. and the sequel to Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.
Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms picks up shortly after the explosive finale of Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, the 2020 blockbuster hit that initiated these animated films – which are based on one of the most popular videogame franchises in history. In Battle of the Realms, our team of heroes are besieged by the enemy forces of Shao Kahn – forcing Raiden and his group of warriors into a deal to compete in a final Mortal Kombat that will determine the fate of the realms. Now our heroes must travel to Outworld in order to defend Earthrealm and, simultaneously, Scorpion must find the ancient Kamidogu before it’s used to resurrect the One Being – which would mean certain destruction of all things in the universe. Time is short and the stakes are high in this action-packed continuation of the Mortal Kombat journey.
The following Mortal Kombat characters appears in the movie:
- Joel McHale — Johnny Cage
- Jennifer Carpenter — Sonya Blade
- Jordan Rodrigues — Liu Kang
- Patrick Seitz — Scorpion
- Artt Butler — Shang Tsung, Cyrax
- Robin Atkin Downes — Shinnok, Reiko
- Dave B. Mitchell — Raiden, Kintaro, Sektor
- Ike Amadi — Jax, One Being
- Grey Griffin — Kitana, Satoshi Hasashi, Mileena
- Fred Tatasciore — Shao Kahn
- Matthew Mercer - Stryker, Smoke
- Bayardo De Murguia - Sub-Zero / Kuai Liang
- Matthew Yang King - Kung Lao
- Paul Nakauchi - Lin Kuei Grandmaster
- Emily O’Brien - Jade
- Debra Wilson - D'Vorah
- TBA as Li Mei
- Johnny Cage, D'Vorah and Shinnok have their designs based on their Mortal Kombat X standard costume.
- Stryker, Kung Lao, Kintaro, Jade, Sub-Zero, Cyrax, and Sektor have their designs based on their Mortal Kombat (2011) standard costume.
- Unmasked Sub-Zero has his facial design based on his Mortal Kombat X Kuai Liang costume.
- Smoke has his appearance based on his Mortal Kombat (2011) alternate costume.
- Reiko has his design based on his Mortal Kombat: Armageddon standard costume.
- Li Mei has her design based on her Mortal Kombat: Deception alternate costume.
- Raiden appears with a second design that is based on his Mortal Kombat (2011) standard costume.
- The Kamidogus have their shape and design based from Mortal Kombat: Deception.
- Mileena's voice actress in the movie, Grey Griffin was originally going to voice the character in Mortal Kombat X but previously bowed out to the role due to her pregnancy with her second child at the time, leaving Karen Strassman reprising the role instead.
- Matthew Mercer reprises his role as Stryker from Mortal Kombat (2011).
- Dave B. Mitchell reprises his role as Sektor from Mortal Kombat 11.
- Matthew Yang King, who voiced Liu Kang and Fujin in Mortal Kombat 11, voices Kung Lao.
- Liu Kang will be the central protagonist of the film, as the story focuses on him following his destiny to defeat Shao Kahn.