The Emperor's Courtyard showcases Outworld workers building statues of Kotal Kahn in the background with a massive chained beast visible as well among the construction equipment of pulleys and wooden support beams. This area is also where public executions take place for the populace to witness.
The Emperor's Courtyard features six arena interactions. From farthest left to right, they are:
- A long piece of wood used to smack the opponent with.
- A pillar used to jump off of.
- A shield used to ram the opponent with.
- A pile of bricks used to jump off of.
- A pillar that an opponent can be slammed into multiple times.
- A burning pyre of molten coals that can be knocked over at the opponent.
- If Kotal Kahn is present in a fight, passing by one of the workers will cause them to bow in respect.
- The chained beast featured in the background may eventually be seen pulling down a statue built in Shao Kahn's likeness.
- There is a massive Kotal Kahn statue in the background, presumably made of gold. It is unfinished, which might signify that it hasn't been long since he was crowned Kahn.